It is important to have a visually appealing and user-friendly website that accurately represents your brand. However, with the constantly changing technology and design trends, it can be difficult to determine when it’s time to refresh your website. Let’s explore when a company should refresh their website, whether they should do a full rebrand or just an update to current trends, and what they should look for in a web designer.
How long should a website design last?
There is no definitive answer to how long a website design should last, as it largely depends on the industry, the target audience, and the company’s goals. However, a good rule of thumb is to refresh your website every two to three years. This ensures that your website stays up-to-date with the latest design trends, technology advancements, and user preferences.
Should it be a full rebrand or just an update to current trends?
When considering a website refresh, companies should first evaluate whether they need a full rebrand or just an update to current design trends. A full rebrand involves a complete overhaul of the website’s visual identity, including the logo, color scheme, and overall aesthetic. This is typically done when a company is undergoing a major shift in its business strategy or wants to appeal to a new audience.
On the other hand, an update to current trends involves making minor changes to the website’s design, such as updating the layout, font, and images to align with the latest design trends. This is a more cost-effective approach for companies that want to keep their current visual identity but make their website more modern and user-friendly.
What should you look for in a web designer?
Choosing the right web designer is crucial to the success of your website refresh. Consider the following when looking for a web designer:
- Experience: Look for a web designer with a portfolio that demonstrates experience in your industry and with the type of website you want.
- Communication: Choose a web designer who communicates clearly and regularly throughout the design process.
- Design skills: Look for a designer with a strong understanding of design principles and the ability to create visually appealing and user-friendly websites.
- Technical expertise: Choose a designer who is knowledgeable and up to date in the latest web development technologies.
- References: Ask for references and check the designer’s online reviews to ensure they have a track record of delivering high-quality work.
Refreshing your website every two to three years is essential to stay current with design trends and user preferences. Before deciding whether to do a full rebrand or update to current trends, evaluate your business goals and target audience. When choosing a web designer, look for experience, communication skills, design skills, technical expertise, and references. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a successful website refresh that accurately represents your brand and engages your audience.
Pricing and plans offered: